Skip to main content

Apple banana bread

My kids love banana bread, and it's apple season, so here is a combination of the two. As usual courtesy of Recipezaar. I made a half recipe and it did not last the day.

Banana Apple Bread


  •  1 3/4 cups flour

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup sugar

  • A pinch of cinnamon

  • 2 eggs

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil

  • 3 tablespoons milk

  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

  • 2 large bananas (mashed)

  • 1/2 cup nuts (chopped)

  • 1 large apple (peeled, cored, chopped)


Directions




  1. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.



  2. Blend in eggs, oil, and milk and vanilla.



  3. Stir in banana, apple, and nuts.



  4. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.



  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until toothpick test comes out clean.



Enjoy!

Comments

  1. That sounds great! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I have some apples and bananas right now, I think I will make this bread tonight as a special dessert. Can't wait!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joelle,

    We just finished our treat, warm and fresh from the oven. It was really good! Everyone loved it!


    I did make a couple of changes to make it more healthy so I thought I would share them with you.


    -Instead of veg. oil, I used olive oil and used a little less than required ( I ran out).

    -Whole wheat pastry flour instead of the regular.

    -1 teaspoon of Stevia in place of sugar.


    Thanks again for the great recipe. I will be making this again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread was such a hit with my husband, he hinted for me to make it regularly to send to work with him in his lunch. Guess I better get to the store and buy more bananas! Lots of them! I'll have to make one loaf for him and one for us. :)

    Thanks again for the recipe.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another coffee cake recipe

Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake 2/3 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 2 eggs 1 tbsp vanilla Gratted rind of 2 lemons 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 cup milk 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries Preheat oven to 350 degree. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla and lemon ring. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir milk with yogurt and stir into eggs mixture alternately with flour mixture, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of wet. Spoon half the batter into a greased bundt pan or 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Spoon the remaining batter over top, smoothing gently. Bake for about 60 min for bundt pan and 45min for the 9x13 pan. Let cool 10 min. before removing from pan. Enjoy!

Apple Pancake

Woke up this morning looking for breakfast to be made using apples. I stumble upon this recipe and since my family absolutely love pancakes, that was an easy decision. It was super easy and  really good . Apple Pancake (Another one courtesy of recipezaar.com) 2 cups flour 2 beaten eggs 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 cups milk 1 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons melted butter 2 tablespoons sugar 1 cup chopped apple Sift dry ingredients together. Combine eggs, butter, and milk. Pour into flour mixture and stir until smooth. Add apples and stir. Drop by spoonful and cook on a griddle. Et voila Enjoy!